|R. C. Sayre took over the 1910 season continuing the winning ways. During the season the first organized league was introduced consisting of Belleville, East St. Louis, O'Fallon, Lebanon, Edwardsville and Collinsville. Collinsville tied with Lebanon for the championship and lost the playoff game, which was played in Louisiana Hall in St. Louis.
During this time a new gymnasium was built at the High School on Vandalia St. Because of the high cost of steel girders, wooden beams were used, and to give the necessary support to hold up the second floor, three posts were used. To help the situation they decided to off-set the post instead of placing
them down the mlddle of the floor. Opposing teams claimed that Collinsville played with three extra players because of the way they used the posts to their advantage.