»»»  BallPress.com HOME ANNUAL COACHES PLAYERS RECORDS HONORS CONFERENCE KAHOK QUIZ
2016-17 OPPONENTS GYMS SPIRIT FAQs ABOUT US CONTACT US HOME
 
GYMNASIUMS
  Temperance Hall    1908 Gym    Reese Bros. Hall    1922 Gym    Vandalia St. Gym    Fletcher Gym   


Vergil Fletcher Gymnasium
 
1971 – present
 

The 1971-72 season brought the Kahoks to the Greenwood Campus at 2201 S. Morrison Avenue.

Built to hold 5,000 spectators, there were no funds available to purchase the necessary bleachers. A deal was worked out with the Belle-Clair fairgrounds to purchase some surplus bleachers before the 1971-72 basketball season began. These bleachers turned out to be rather expensive and were not suited for good viewing from the upper balconies, but they would remain until 1993 when they were declared unsafe and replaced.

Floor bleachers were installed on the north and south sides of the gym in time for the second season at this location. During this time, a temporary wall was built in the east balcony to make band room.

The gym, also known as "the Purple Palace," was rededicated in the early 1970s and named after Coach Vergil Fletcher. The Kahoks have occupied Fletcher Gym longer than any other venue.
 
Games in Vergil Fletcher Gymnasium
 
43 seasons
(to 2013-14)
Won Lost
393 177
.689



    Interior looking northeast in the early 1980s.                                                   


  Temperance Hall    1908 Gym    Reese Bros. Hall    1922 Gym    Vandalia St. Gym    Fletcher Gym   

 ANNUAL | COACHES | PLAYERS | RECORDS | HONORS | CONFERENCE | KAHOK QUIZ 
 2016-17 | OPPONENTS | GYMS | SPIRIT | FAQs | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | HOME 

 
 
BallPress.com The Digital Archives of Collinsville Kahok Basketball

Copyright © 1997–2017 Frank R. Pitol & Scott Pitol
 
 
Contact Us